A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs. We designate the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Please do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.
A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements can be different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artisans maintain a really noteworthy job. They possess the significant duty of settling upon coordinating textures from an almost infinite array of materials generated by a variety of pattern designers and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is crucial to the completed appeal of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a lovely job of picking visually appealing patterns that match each other and harmonize effectively. That is the reason we refer to as a quilt a piece of artwork!