A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Kindly do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, many different procedures have been developed to make it much easier for quilt-makers to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is paper piecing, which is generally employed to compose the complex points of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title implies, uses a distinct paper pattern onto which the cloth sections are sewn. The pattern guides the seamstress to successfully assemble the pieces together so that the finished top will lie out flat. Strategies of this sort as this are a very good support to our quilt-makers!
A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies. We post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Kindly do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a certain woman's knowledge. Each of our ladies focuses on either piecing or quilting. Consequently, at the very least 2 ladies are associated with making each quilt. The ladies who stitch the tops together focus on piecing specific quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to end up being an expert in her work.