A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Our artisans enjoy a very significant job. They possess the critical mission of picking out complimentary patterns from an almost infinite choice of fabrics generated by numerous fabric designers and companies. Each fabric chosen is integral to the finished appeal of the quilt. The creator behind this quilt did a splendid job of deciding on pleasing fabrics that match each other and combine well. This is the reason we refer to as a quilt a work of artwork!
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts select quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs as well. We specify the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring ahead of buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each and every step of the quilt-making process needs a certain woman's expertise. Each of our ladies focuses on either piecing or quilting. For that reason, a minimum of 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies who stitch the tops with each other specialize in assembling specific quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to end up being a specialist in her field.