A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs as well. We designate the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. It is important to do your research before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.
A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements varies. We list the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. Please do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Every step of the quilt-making process needs a particular woman's know-how. Every one of our ladies concentrates on either assembling or quilting. Therefore, at least 2 ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The women that stitch the tops together focus on piecing specific quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to end up being a professional in her work.