A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts select top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
It is crucial that the quilt you order is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are unique. Confirm your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework prior to purchasing!
A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We specify the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Each and every step of the quilt-making process needs a particular lady's knowledge. Every one of our women concentrates on either assembling or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are involved in making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops together concentrate on piecing specific quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each lady to become an expert in her field.